Accurate has introduced new BV-500-sized single-speed and two-speed reels to its popular Valiant lever-drag series. Like all Valiant models, the latest additions incorporate design innovations that maximize strength, durability and fish-fighting power, while minimizing reel size and weight.
Ideal for taking on striped marlin, sailfish, tuna, white sea bass, yellowtail, striped bass, and other saltwater predators, the new Valiant lever drags include BV-500 (6:1 retrieve) and BV-500N (6:1 retrieve, narrow) single-speed reels, as well as new BV2-500 and BV2-500N two-speeds.
Every Valiant model features a compact yet rugged 6061 T6 aircraft-grade aluminum frame, uniquely curved to deliver the structural integrity of a reel twice its size. While the walls are thinner than those of an ordinary lever drag, the Valiant’s non-flexing frame and side plates enable it to withstand more stress. Protected by this tough, corrosion-resistant exterior is Accurate’s patented TwinDrag® system, uniquely engineered to provide ultra-smooth, consistent pressure (up to 30 pounds max. drag) for putting the brakes on big, determined game fish. Each BV model also boasts precision-cut stainless steel gears that mesh perfectly together for unsurpassed cranking power, while seven shielded and sealed Class-5 ABEC bearings and one ARB bearing ensure ultra-smooth, reliable operation.
Anglers looking for an unbeatable single-speed lever drag reel can choose between the BV-500 or the BV-500N (narrow version), both featuring a blazing 6:1 gear ratio that rips in 45.05 inches of line with each turn of the handle. The BV-500 holds 500 yards of 50-pound test braided line, while the BV-500N holds 350 yards of 50-pound test braid.
Those in the market for a best-in-class two-speed can opt for Accurate’s BV2-500 or the BV2-500N (narrow) model. Both of these new Valiant two-speeds enable you to switch back and forth easily between a high-speed 6:1 retrieve and a winch-like 4:1 gear ratio with the simple touch of a button.
All Valiant BV-500-sized reels feature Accurate’s comfortable “power handle,” which makes it easy to gain on stubborn fish – even when conditions are wet and slimy. Each model is also equipped with a new easy-find “Cam Stop” feature – a fail-safe that prevents the angler from going too far into full drag during the heat of battle. Instead of having stops at free-spool and strike, these reels have a secure indent in the drag cam that stops the drag lever from going into full.
The new Accurate Valiant BV-500-sized single-speed and two-speed reels are available now through authorized tackle retailers nationwide. Prices for the various models are listed below:
BV-500 Single Speed: $479.95 (MSRP)
BV-500N Single Speed: $479.95 (MSRP)
BV2-500 Two-Speed: $579.95 (MSRP)
BV2-500N Two-Speed: $579.95 (MSRP)
All Valiant 500-Size Single Speed and Two-Speed Models Feature:
- Patented TwinDrag® for optimum smoothness, consistency (Max. drag: 30 lbs.)
- 6061 T6 Aircraft Aluminum Construction
- Anodized for increased corrosion resistance
- Seven ABEC Class-5 bearings and one ARB bearing, shielded/sealed for corrosion resistance
- Precision-cut Stainless Steel Gears
- Smooth, Easy-Find Cam Stop Strike
- Sleeved spool for greater free spool
- Lever Drag Recessed Ergonomic Thumb Plate
Additional BV-500 (and BV-500N) Single-Speed Features:
- BV-500: Super lightweight at 16 ounces
- BV-500N: Super lightweight at 15 ounces
- BV-500 (and BV-500N) Gear Ratio: 6:1
- BV-500 (and BV-500N) Line Retrieval: 45.05 inches per crank
- BV-500 Line Capacity: 500 yards/50 lb. braid
- BV-500N Line Capacity: 350 yards/50 lb. braid
Additional BV2-500 (and BV2-500N) Two-Speed Features:
- BV2-500: Super lightweight at 16 ounces
- BV2-500N: Super lightweight at 15 ounces
- BV2-500 (and BV2-500N) Gear Ratios: 6:1 high gear, 4:1 low gear
- BV2-500 Line Capacity: 500 yards/50 lb. braid
- BV2-500N Line Capacity: 350 yards/50 lb. braid
To learn more about Accurate’s BV-500-sized lever drag reels, or the complete Accurate Fishing product lineup, visit www.accuratefishing.com.
The Valiants are the Next Generation of TwinDrag® reels. Lightweight, Powerful, with the smooth patented TwinDrag® design.